Megabacteriosis in birds
Veterinary science making waves
Did you know...
- The most yolks ever found in a single chicken's egg is nine
- A bird's normal body temperature is usually 7-8 degrees hotter than a human's. Up to three-quarters of the air a bird breathes is used just for cooling down since they are unable to sweat
- A bird's heart beats 400 times per minute while resting and up to 1000 beats per minute while flying
- The world's only wingless bird is the kiwi of New Zealand
- Migrating ducks and geese often fly in V-shape formations. Each bird flies in the upwash of its neighbor's beating wings and this extra bit of supporting wind increases lift, thereby saving energy
- Pigeons can reach speeds up to 100 mph
- Swifts, doves, falcons, and sandpipers can approach 200 mph
Vets Beyond Borders
Merck Vet Manual
Latest veterinary news...
Avian medicine online
The first full photograph of an endangered Ochre-fronted Antpitta
Evidence For A Well-developed Sense Of Smell In Birds
DNA bird sexing in Australia
Pet insurance policies review and compare
The poultry site
Retrieved from "
Login / Create Account
Powered by MediaWiki