Did you know...
- - The most yolks ever found in a single chicken's egg is nine
- - A bird's normal body temperature is usually 7-8 degrees hotter than a human's. Up to three-quarters of the air a bird breathes is used just for cooling down since they are unable to sweat
- - A bird's heart beats 400 times per minute while resting and up to 1000 beats per minute while flying
- - The world's only wingless bird is the kiwi of New Zealand
- - Migrating ducks and geese often fly in V-shape formations. Each bird flies in the upwash of its neighbor's beating wings and this extra bit of supporting wind increases lift, thereby saving energy
- - Pigeons can reach speeds up to 100 mph
- - Swifts, doves, falcons, and sandpipers can approach 200 mph