Did you know...
- - Ferrets are mustelids (Mustela putorius furo), closely related to polecats.
- - The ferret is a carnivore with a short, simple gastrointestinal tract and a relatively rapid gastrointestinal transit time.
- - Like cats, ferrets can get FIP, and like dogs, they can get Parvo?
- - An unspayed female ferret (jill) can die from hyperestrogenism if she is not mated.
- - Ferrets have been domesticated for thousands of years and have socially-cohesive 'pack' skills like dogs.
- - All ferret kits have white fur at birth.
- - When excited, they may perform a routine called the weasel war dance
- - Ferrets have scent glands to mark their territory and are usually surgically removed before puberty.