- - Streptococcus - an unforgotten pathogen of cavies pneumonia
- - 'The art of veterinary science' (.pdf)
Did you know...
- - Despite their name they are not pigs and do not come from Guinea. They originated in the Andes.
- - Guinea pigs, like chinchillas, are hystricognath rodents and belong to the family Cavidae ('Cavy') and their scientific term is Cavia porcellus.
- - A male guinea pig is called a boar and female is called a sow.
- - Guinea pigs are unable to make their own vitamin C so it needs to be supplemented into their diet.
- - Each guinea pig has five different types of hair that makes up their coat.
- - A young guinea pig can run when they are only three hours old.