From Guinea Pig
Revision as of 06:04, 14 September 2012 by
← Older revision
| Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
on guinea pigs and guinea pig diseases
- an unforgotten pathogen of cavies
'The art of veterinary science' (.pdf)
Did you know...
- Despite their name they are not pigs and do not come from Guinea. They originated in the Andes.
- Guinea pigs, like chinchillas, are hystricognath rodents and belong to the family Cavidae ('Cavy') and their scientific term is
- A male guinea pig is called a boar and female is called a sow.
- Guinea pigs are unable to make their own vitamin C so it needs to be supplemented into their diet.
- Each guinea pig has five different types of hair that makes up their coat.
- A young guinea pig can run when they are only three hours old.
Latest veterinary news...
How Does One Recognize Fresh Grass Hay?
Voluntary Recall of LabDiet® and Mazuri® Feed Products
EmbedVideo was given an illegal value for the alignment parameter "The guineapig Olympics". Valid values are "left", "center", or "right".
Retrieved from "
Login / Create Account
Powered by MediaWiki