Vetbook literary award
The Annual Vetbook Literary Award is held every year for veterinary students and veterinarians who submit the best article(s) on Vetbook.org.
- All submissions must be in the format of a scientifically relevant and original clinical veterinary article(s), published on this site, and written by the veterinarian or veterinary student, complete with original content, references and images (see example). Judging will be based on quality and well as quantity of submitted material.
- Research articles are not considered.
- Content must be of a clinical nature relating to any veterinary clinical disease, its cause, diagnosis and treatment on any species covered by Vetbook.org.
- All entries submitted in this competition must be unencumbered by copyright restrictions.
- There is no limitation to the number of disease article pages submitted, but each original submission must be a minimum of 1,000 words.
- Content must be pertinent to any relevant veterinary discipline in any companion, domesticated or zoo species
- All competitors must notifying Vetbook.org of your submissions, the page location of submitted content and your veterinary registration number. Students may email photocopy proof of I.D card or similar evidence.
- All submissions for the competition must be emailed to Vetbook.org here, informing us of the relevant page(s) which have been submitted. All submission emails must provide the writer's contact details.
- Any veterinarian or veterinary student can enter. Vetbook honorarians are ineligible to compete.
- Winner will be selected by appointed judges at the University of Sydney Faculty of Veterinary Science. The judges decisions are final. The winner will be notified by email or phone.
- Entries close 31st August, 2013. The winner will be notified on 11th September, 2013.
- 1st prize - $1,000
- 2nd prize - Nelson & Couto's Small Animal Internal Medicine (4th Edn)