Revision as of 22:30, 15 August 2012 by
← Older revision
| Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
on pig diseases
Recommendations for the Pre-Veterinary Experience
Veterinary science making waves
Did you know...
- Pigs do not have functional sweat glands. They use water or mud for the purpose of staying cool in hot weather.
- A female pig is called a sow, while the male is called boar. The baby of a pig is called piglet.
- Pigs have such a well developed sense of smell that they can easily find things underground.
- Many experts consider pigs to be more trainable than dogs or cats.
- The largest pig till date was a Poland-China hog, named ‘Big Bill’. It weighed 2,552 lbs and had a height of 5 feet and a length of 9 feet.
- The scream of a frightened pig can measure 115 decibels, higher than the noise of a jet engine (113 decibels).
Latest pig news...
US: Thousands of veterinarians arrive for annual AVMA convention kick-off
Philippines Hoping to Export Pork by 2010 End
RSPCA: Think Pig Promotes Pork Labelling
Retrieved from "
What links here
This page was last modified on 15 August 2012, at 22:30.